Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shut Down Day 9 the FINAL Day!

What a beautiful day today was.  The temps. were in the 70's with a nice breeze.  I started my day by making omlets for breakfast, while trying not to think about going back to work tomorrow!  After breakfast it was time to start out in the yard.  I finished weeding and mulching from the bleeding heart (where I left off yesterday) to the end of the garden.  Then I moved on to the side of the garage.  This area had already been weeded so I just had to add mulch.  Then we have a small fence with a small bush that needed trimming and weeding and mulch.  Then off to the flowerbed between the house and the sidewalk.  The weeds there weren't bad at all so that area went quickly.  Then off to the front of the house, this section had been weeded a couple of weeks ago, only a few weeds to pull and the mulch, mulch mulch.  Then it was time to go to the front/side of the house where the Mountain Laurel is located.  This was a grab grass MESS!  After pulling all the crab grass, I thought it best to dig out the flag stones and add new soil underneath them to raise them up and add the mulch.  By this time it was 5:45p.m.  time to cleaning things up and make bbq chicken on the grill with backed potatoes and fresh greens beans! 

Well I've just finished showering and have to go pick out something to wear to work tomorrow.  I really don't mind going back except for the fact that I work in my companies Customer Service Department and I am the only Representative they employee, so it should be a lot of fun (ya, right) to get caught up with customer inquiries.  I'm sure I will run into many angry people, but with my many years of experience I'm sure I can handle them all!

On the bright side of returning to work, I will be able to start cross stitching again.  I really only was able to cross stitch a couple of nights between being sick and tired, I couldn't bring myself to stitch.  So I will have 2 breaks and lunch to do some stitching.  I'm looking forward to that anyway.  I have to say that I'm really going to miss my yard and dogs tomorrow when I'm stuck indoors behind a computer screen and telephone! :o(  Kind of funny, I'm the type of person that HATES to talk on the phone but my job requires it.  Makes you think.....

Below are pictures of my progress in the yard today.  Wish me luck tomorrow!  I hope I can sleep.  Last night I woke myself up coughing at 2 a.m.  Please, Please, let me sleep through to my alarm clock at 6a.m. Please!

Left off at the Bleeding Heart Bush Yesterday so that is where I started today!

Another view from the opposite end.

Side of Garage

Small fence near driveway/sidewalk

Flowerbed next to sidewalk/House

Flowerbed front of house

Mountain Laurel Flowerbed with raised  Flag stones

Front of house showing flower beds and flower boxes

2 comments:

Julie a fellow stitcher said...

Debbie your yard looks wonderful. I can see you put your heart and soul into making it a very nice view from the street. You must be so proud.
Julie

Debbie said...

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the thoughtful comment and for stopping in.

Debbie