Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shut Down Day 8

Had a hard night last night.  Woke up around 1a.m. and coughed and coughed and coughed!  The more I couched the more my head hurt.  My husband was very concerned, he got out of bed with me, to keep me company,which was nice.  I eventually was able to fall asleep again.  Got up this morning and headed out to the store for some Day Quil and Night Quil.  Hopefully these will help.  I also started rubbing my chest with Vicks.  I wish I had thought of this sooner.   Once I got back from the store, I laid down for about 1/2 an hour.  Then I decided to go out and plant my flower boxes.  I have 3 in the front  of the house and 2 on our shed.  I have posted pictures below.

Then I went and laid down for another 1/2 an hour.  When I got up I decided it was time to weed, mulch and plant the flower/vegetable bed in front of our very long stockade fence.  I weeded the flowers and the tomato and pepper plants that I had already planted.  Then I planted the following seeds, green bean, summer squash, scallions, leaf lettuce and pickling cucumbers.  Then I added mulch on top.  I was able to mulch up to the bleading heart but then my headache came back and I knew it was time to stop and go take a nice hot shower and put vicks on my chest again.

Tomorrow is my last day before I return to work.  It sure has been nice to have a week off, even if I don't get paid for it.  I only wish I hadn't been sick the entire week.


Window Boxes in front of house

Shed with Window Boxes

Flower/Veg. bed  Scallion seeds are planted in this area.

From Right to left, Tomato, Pepper and Cherry Tomato Plants

Green Beans are planted here.  To the right I planted leaf lettuce.

From left to right: Summer Squash and Pickling Cucumbers.  I added tomato cages over them so I can trane them to climb

From Left to right: Tomato Plant, Butternut Squash and Miniture Rose Bush.
Here is where I had to stop.  I will continue to weed and mulch this area tomorrow.Currently we are watching the Boston Bruins and Vancouver play offs the score is 2 - 2.  Wonder who will win tonight!  Being from New England I am routing for the Bruins!

No comments: