Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know its been awhile since I posted.  I 'd like to share some pictures of the October 29th snow storm that was one of the worst storms I remember.  We lost power on Saturday around 5:30p.m. and had it restored on Monday round 5p.m.

Here are some pictures of when the storm started (1p.m. Saturday until I lost power at 5p.m.)  I am also including a picture of what we have left of our beautiful maple tree.

1pm just started to snow

2pm snowing

3pm still snowing

4pm still snowing

5pm still snowing

5pm different view of snow


Thanksgiving Day and all that's left of my maple tree.

The storm destroyed it, we had to have to cut down. :o(


2 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Having never experienced a snowstorm to me it sounds magical... but I can guess that to be in one it's not that great!! Sorry to hear you have to cut down the maple tree... that is really sad to lose a tree that you have had for so long... they leave a huge whole in the garden when they go.
http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Snow storms are magical. But when they come so early in the season, while the trees still have leaves they can be really scary. That night we were outside and you just kept hearing tree, after tree, after tree breaking. My heart sank to the ground. It was sad and scary at the same time.